Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Activity statistics per APEX workspace (APEX 18.1, DB 12.2)
Activity statistics per APEX workspace [message #671625] Mon, 10 September 2018 06:11
John Watson
My problem is that I want to accumulate statistics for resource usage per workspace. For non-APEX connection pooled environments I can do this with DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE and see the results in V$SERV_MOD_ACT_STATS but that doesn't work in APEX because it includes the application and page numbers in the module name. If I could get APEX to set the module to only the name of the workspace, it would be easy. So instead of seeing this,
apmo> select distinct module from v$sql where module like 'JAT%';

MODULE
----------------------------------------------------------------
JAT/APEX:APP 26000:4
JAT/APEX:APP 119:296
JAT/APEX:APP 119:3
JAT/APEX:APP 26000:3
JAT/APEX:APP 26000:1
JAT/APEX:APP 1901:101
JAT/APEX:APP 26000:10
JAT/APEX:APP 119:1

8 rows selected.

apmo>
I would get just one row for the JAT workspace and enable stats for that.

Or is their some other way to track activity? By parsing schema, perhaps? The APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG is no good, all it shows is page views and timings whereas I need the resource usage such as CPU and IO.

Please note that I can't do anything within the workspaces or their schemas, as they are managed by the clients. So I'm limited to things I can do as the DBA or in the INTERNAL workspace.

Thank you for any insight.
Previous Topic: Apex 5.1
Next Topic: APEX Deployment Client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:32:13 CDT 2024